Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Realtek High Definition Audio driver is one among the best audio driver software for Windows. A software that enables you to tune in to sound in HD on your PC. It deals with the interface between your working framework and your PC’s sound equipment so you can tune in to music through the speakers or earphones. It’s intended for motherboards with Realtek perfect chipsets.
What is a Audio Driver ?
Audio drivers are those drivers which are required to connect with specific bits of PC Sound equipment. It is a lot of little projects which are significant for its chipset. Also, you know, each Sound card who needs physically introduced drivers to work, primarily accompanies a drivers CD or DVD when you purchase another card for your PC.
Why do we need Audio Drivers ?
A simple answer to that is Good Quality Audio. The basic and pre-installed audio drivers are not upto the mark as compared to external audio drivers. Now what if we don’t use audio drivers ? Obviously not using a audio driver will turn your actual audio quality into scratch. Whereas when you use Realtek HD audio driver comes in play to enhance your audio quality.
How to check your current Audio Driver ?
In order to check your current driver software follow the steps given below :
- Click Start, then right-click My Computer (or Computer) and click Manage.
- In the Computer Management window, on the left, click Device Manager.
- Click the > sign in front of the device category you want to check.
- Double-click the device for which you need to know the driver version.
- Select the Driver tab. The current installed driver version will be displayed on this page.
How to disable Realtek Audio Driver ?
- Click “Start” then type “Device Manager” in the search (or “Run” bar if using XP) then hit “Enter.”
- Locate the “Sound, video and game controls” option from the left hand list and double-click on it to expand the device list.
- Right-click on your sound card (it will be listed under the “Sound, video and game controllers” menu) and select “disable.”
- Click “Yes” when asked to confirm that you wish to disable your drivers.
Realtek Audio Driver System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/ Windows 7 / Windows 8/ Windows 10.
- Memory: 512 MB Ram.
- Hard Disk: 200 MB Free Space.
- Processor: P4 or Higher.
Realtek Audio Driver Latest Version
The latest version of Realtek is version R2.82. And the features supported are amazing. Here you can see them listed :
1. OS Supporting: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 – x86/x64.
2. Add/Fix1.) Driver.
4. Bug fix.
How to Update Realtek Audio Driver
Updating Realtek HD Audio Manager should be simple. Click the Start button, then type ‘device manager,’ and click Device Manager when it shows up.Next, click the arrow next to Audio inputs and outputs to show a list of your audio devices. You should see something along the lines of “Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio).” Right-click this and click “Update driver.
How to open Realtek Audio Manager ?
In order to utilize realtek audio manager you need to download the firmware first. There are 2 ways possible to download Realtek Audio Manager.
Manual: You’ll require some PC aptitudes and tolerance to update your drivers along these lines, since you’ll have to discover precisely the correct driver on the web, download it and introduce it well ordered.
Automated: This is the fastest and most straightforward alternative. You’re altogether finished with only two or three mouse clicks – simple regardless of whether you’re a PC amateur.
Realtek Audio Driver Pros & Cons
- Windows 10 & 8.1 Support
- Manual customization
- Various and Multiple Codecs
- Installation Failure
- Crackling Sound (Due to improper installation)
Realtek Audio Driver Features
Realtek Audio drivers offers some features which most of the audio driver softwares misses out.
- Windows 10 supported.
- Add Codec ALC255, ALC235, ALC867
- Support Windows 8.1
Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 WHQL
For Windows 2000/XP WHQL
How to Install Realtek HD driver ?
To instal Realtek High definition Audio driver firstly you need to download the lastest Realtek HD audio driver here.
- Click once on the underlined file name. Once this is done, some pop-up windows will appear.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the window to choose Run or Save, click Save.
- Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and click Save. A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete. Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
- Make sure to be logged on with an administrator account.
- Locate the folder where the file was downloaded.
- Locate the file that was downloaded and double-click it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the Select Destination Location window, click Next. If you would like to select a different folder, click Browse.
- In the Ready to Install window, click Install. All the necessary files will be extracted to the folder selected in the step 9.
- Make sure the checkbox next to “Install ….. now” is checked and click Finish. 12. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete installation and restart the computer.
This is for system administrators’ use only.
- Refer to the Manual Install section, and download and extract the file.
- In the step 11 of the Installing files section, uncheck the checkbox next to “Install ….. now”, and then click Finish to cancel installation.
- At the command line, execute setup.exe with the -s option.
Example: [Path where the files were extracted]\setup -s
- Start Windows and logon with an administrator account.
- Press Windows+X.
- Click Control Panel at appeared pane.
- Make sure “View by Category” is selected, and click Uninstall a program.
- Select Realtek high definition audio driver, and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete uninstallation and restart the computer.
Is it safe to uninstall Realtek Audio Driver ?
As mentioned in the beginning, what audio drivers do is enhance your audio quaility from PC output. And on the same when you delete not only realtek audio driver but any other audio driver also you would face pops & crackle from the sound output.